In the Details-Let Them Eat Cake

>> Monday, August 9, 2010

For as much as I've talked about sweets on this blog, I'm surprised I haven't talked more about wedding cakes. While I love dessert tables, nothing can take the place of a lovely wedding cake. I wanted to feature some of my favorites of the moment.

{magpie cake}

this cake reminds me of layers of pretty tulle


I am awe struck by the detailing of this cake

{my sweet and saucy}


this single bloom adds dimension and sophistication yet it is still so simple in design.

{the caketress}




I could stare at these forever and discover a new lovely detail

If your budget permits why not have a lovely cake full of lovely intricate details and a table full of other sweet treats. If your budget will only allow for cake, a lovely cake can go a long way, hope these images leave you inspired.

4 comments:

miss twinkletoes August 9, 2010 at 1:01 PM  

these cakes are so lovely! I'm getting married in 4 weeks, and had I not already picked my cake, I would totally borrow inspiration from these! Love the 1st one so much!

www.twinkletoes-golddangles.blogspot.com

People St.Clair August 10, 2010 at 8:54 AM  

Hi Kate, miss twinkletoes
I'm glad you like the cakes, the first one is just beautiful. Congrats on your upcoming nuptials and I'm sure your cake is just as fabulous.

Anonymous,  August 12, 2010 at 10:26 PM  

I LOVE these! Makes me want to change my mind on my own wedding cake. Great blog!

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP