In the Details: Short and Sweet

>> Monday, July 20, 2009



You see that dress? It is by far one of my favorite Oscar De Larenta dresses, even today when I see this picture I still swoon over it. Now of course when some think of wedding dresses they may envision something lovely like this from Vera Wang.



This dress is beautiful but a lady should always have options and I'm so happy the short wedding dress hasn't become some faded trend. If you're looking to add your own twist to your wedding day think about something short and sweet. Now just because you select a short wedding dress doesn't mean you compromise style or tradition. Check out some of my favorite dresses and see for yourself.

Oscar De La Renta




Monique Lhuillier


Melissa Sweet


Amsale



No matter your style or how tradtional, modern or casual your day will be a dress that is short and sweet dresses will fit into your special day perfectly.

{images from Brides and Martha Stewart}

5 comments:

*Pink Preppy Party Girl* July 20, 2009 at 8:27 AM  

Love the first dress-fabulous 1940-1950's style. Simple, elegant, etc.Fabulous find!

Kelley at My Island Wedding July 20, 2009 at 9:26 AM  

The woman in that first shot carries the dress of perfectly.

Definately a "Pretty Little Thing!"

NikkiC,  July 20, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

Do you know what the name of that first Oscar de la Renta dress is?! I've seen it around the blogs and I've saved this dress in my files for so long now but I don't know the name of it. Everytime I see it I just have to smile. I agree with you Party Girl about the 40's-50's charm. I adore it!

Southern Champagne Wishes July 20, 2009 at 6:44 PM  

I've always loved Oscar and those dresses are all perfect! Actually, I want every dress in this post! Your blog is adorable!

People St.Clair July 22, 2009 at 7:38 AM  

Hello Pink Preppy Party Girl, Kelley and Southern Champagne Wishes, Thanks for visiting the blog as you can see I love Oscar de la Renta dresses and it's good to know I'm in good company.

Hi NikkiC I tried to do some digging for more info on the Oscar de la Renta dress in the first photo and what I know is that it is from the Fall 2006 Collection there was no ID # but the description is ivory silk razmir dress with ruffle front. Hope this helps.

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP