In the Details: Striking in Stripes

>> Monday, February 6, 2012

Happy Monday lovely readers.  I hope you had a marvelous weekend.  When I was thinking about this weeks post I was surprised I haven't talked about stripes especially since I LOVE stripes.  Well I wasn't going to let this weeks In the Details post be about anything else but the design detail of stripes in a wedding.  One of my favorite images is this Dorothy Draper inspired wedding from Brides



I love everything about it, the striped table linens, mixed with the vibrant colors in the floral centerpieces and the glorious gold flatware that I was wondering, if you incorporate stripes in your wedding how far do you go?  My thought is you keep it subtle and simple like an accent to the dress with a pretty ribbon detail or just the bouquets.







Mix it into your reception decor details or the dessert buffet table




Why not dress your bridesmaids in stripes like this


or this


maybe this



If you're not too sure about bridesmaids and stripes, think about adding a bit of stripe detail to the invitations or the cake










Now it's true, too many stripes can definitely turn a good idea bad quick, so I wouldn't advise stripes on everything, but I would say pick and choose, and remember less is definitely more.

2 comments:

Jasmine February 6, 2012 at 12:21 PM  

that is really gorgeous and striking, something I never would have though of.

http://jasminestreasurechest.blogspot.com/

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou February 6, 2012 at 11:26 PM  

I LOVE stripes too, especially black and white ... LOVED all of these images! I love to tie a wide black and white striped ribbon around my cement dog's neck that sits outside my door ;) So chic! Happy new week, sweets! ~xoSM

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou
http://oohlafroufrou.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP