In the Details: the Grooms Cake

>> Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy Monday everyone.  I hope you had a wonderful weekend. When I was thinking of this weeks In The Details post, I had one question for all the Brides-to-Be how do you feel about a Grooms Cake? 



When I think about a Grooms cake I immediately think of the bleeding armadillo cake  from the movie Steel Magnolias.  The origins of the Grooms Cake varies but the concept of this cake is that it is a gift from the Bride to the Groom. 




 
These cakes are completely creative and can showcase anything from a hobby to a favorite  food or beverage of the Groom.





Since there will be a traditional wedding cake on display at the reception, why not have fun and add a little extra twist to the cake cutting and reveal a Grooms cake to the Groom and guest. 




 
I have to say, I've attended plenty of weddings,  but many of those weddings didn't include a Grooms cake, I sure hope the future weddings I attend include this fun little detail.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP