In The Details: Lovely Ruffles

>> Monday, May 23, 2011

Happy Monday everyone.  Did you have a good weekend?  My weekend was nice and relaxing.  As I was thinking about today's post, I kept thinking about ruffles.  I was surprised, given my love of pretty ruffles, that I had yet to talk about this oh so frilly detail.  Ruffles can be easily incorporated in to other aspects of your wedding and not just the dress.  Start with the cake.  Create a lovely ruffled  detail to your cake to give it a bit of whimsy


a little Romance


or maybe a bit of sophistication.







Use your wedding bouquets or reception centerpieces to resemble the ruffles in your dress.  


 


Of course there is the dress.  It is the one area where this pretty detail can shine.  Whether you go with a lovely long dress with a little or a lot of ruffle detail,







or keep it short with plenty of ruffle details is completely up to you and your style.



But don't leave out the rest of your bridal party






Of course you can easily incorporate ruffle details to your shoes, accessories and reception.  Now I will say, I do believe you can have too much of a good thing so pick a few areas of your wedding where this detail can shine and  remember a little goes a long way.  

{photo details: 1,4-6 Martha Stewart Weddings; 2,3 Maggie Austin Cakes, 7,8 Oscar de la Renta (via Martha Stewart Weddings); 9- J Crew; 10, 11 Notte by Marchesa via Shop Bop}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP