In the Details: Painted Cakes

>> Monday, February 28, 2011

Happy Monday everyone.  I know my post is a little late today so we'll get right to it.  I saw this cake by My Sweet and Saucy a couple weeks ago and could not get it out of my mind.  It is truly divine.





I fell in love with the hand painted detail on this cake and was immediately inspired to search for more hand-painted wedding cakes. While the design can  range from the simple



to intricate like this design below modeled after a piece of china., there is no limit to the design. You could even mix a hand painted detail with sugar flowers or other design elements.


What I love about the hand painted cake is it's unexpected. The designs are fresh and creative and it allows you to design a cake suited to your theme, a heirloom or like the cake from My Sweet and Saucy that captures the couples relationship.








If your heart is set on beautiful tiers of sugar flowers that's great and it will be lovely.  But if you may want something different think about a beautifully hand-painted cake.  I hope this little bit of inspiration will help.

{photos images: 1-my sweet and saucy; 2 & 6- martha stewart weddings; 3-brides; 4-southern living weddings magazine; 5-cake girls}

4 comments:

Unknown February 28, 2011 at 2:07 PM  

Oh these are just the greatest cakes--and that top one has to be my fav wedding cake ever! Love! Wishing you a very happy monday!

xo Mary Jo

People St.Clair February 28, 2011 at 3:25 PM  

Hi Mary Jo Happy Monday to you too. I LOVE the first cake to it's so creative and fun. I also like the cake girls cake as well.

charlotte March 2, 2011 at 12:22 PM  

yum yum yum definitely cakes to remember for the future!

Lorna's Cakery July 3, 2012 at 5:18 PM  

Hi ladies! I have just seen your blog and comments so had to show you my cakes, they are also handpainted (sorry for shamelessly plugging my own work) but i'd love to hear your comments. the cakes above are exquisite, so I know your expectations will be high :)

www.lornascakery.wordpress.com

Love
Lorna

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP