In the Details: Pretty in Pearls

>> Monday, May 24, 2010



Happy Monday lovely readers. I hope you had a wonderful weekend. This weeks post is all about the timeless detail of pearls. It's easy to think of pearls as being the symbol of a traditional wedding, but pearl details can easily fit your wedding no matter what the theme.

Add a little twist on the tradition with either of these cakes





Sure you can go with a classic pearls for your bridesmaids but why not



allow the pearl necklaces to make a statement like this or this

Update your accessories with a lovely birdcage veil or hair piece with pretty pearl details






Before you put pearls in the traditional column think again, there are many ways to use this pretty detail for any wedding.

{photos: #1,2,4 martha stewart weddings;#3-cakework; #4 jennifer behr; #5 lo boheme}

2 comments:

Helen May 24, 2010 at 9:41 AM  

Oh I love that first cake! I adore pearls, but my auntie said that it's bad luck for a bride to wear pearls on her wedding day, I have no idea where that superstition came from though. I would wear pearls when I get married anyway!

People St.Clair May 24, 2010 at 10:01 PM  

Hi Helen,
I love that first cake too. I've heard about that superstition too, but I think if you love pearls you should wear them.

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP