In The Details: Let's Talk Lace

>> Monday, August 3, 2009

I have to admit it, I wasn't always a fan of lace. Remember when wedding dresses use to be dripping with lace and it was just a overwhelming sight to behold (and not in a good way). Well that's where my love/hate relationship with lace began. Over time, I have slowly removed that horrible lace visual and replaced it with a new love for lace (in moderation of course).

If you, like me are hestitant, be not afraid, lace can be a lovely detail in a wedding, let me share some lace details that may help you over that hestitation.

Ok, so no one single person removed my issue with lace but I will say seeing Monique Lhuillier's lace wedding dresses definitely helped. While the dresses from Lhuillier's first collection are still favorites, I've found these lace styles as equally beautiful.

Monique Lhuillier's Melissa is a re-embroidered lace gown.








Claire by Monique Lhuillier uses chantilly lace and accents this dress with a lovely bloom.





Of course you know that that lovely lace detail in the wedding dress can now be transferred to your cake. Whether you request a bold interpretation or of simple elegance, the lacey detail is defintiely going to catch everyone's eye.

Like this bold lace design from Real Simple.



You may not want a lace dress or desire a lace design for your cake, that's ok because there are plety of DIY projects that can incorporate lace like these DIY projects from Martha Stewart Weddings.

My favorites are these Lace inspired Luminarias



Or these lace wrapped favors



Lace details are not limited to the dress cake or your tables, think about including lace elements to your wedding stationary like this lace inspired Mantilla Invitation from White Aisle.

Now of course everything is wonderful in Moderation and remember a little lace can go a long way so your wedding.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  August 3, 2009 at 3:39 PM  

The cake looks amazing.

Anonymous,  August 3, 2009 at 7:32 PM  

I love that cake! What a gorgeous design and of course it looks delicious too! check out my wedding blog...
http://chartreuselove.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP