For Japan With Love

>> Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tomorrow I will taking part in the Bloggers Day of Silence for Japan and will not post to this blog. 

I am heartbroken over all the devestating footage I see as a result of the earthquake and tusnami in Japan. I knew I wanted to do something to help but wasn't sure just what to do.   When the lovely ladies at Utterly Engaged and Ever Ours announced the Bloggers Day of Silence and their fundraising effort For Japan With Love for ShelterBox I knew I wanted to be involved. 



If you were looking for ways to get involved, I hope you will join me. If you're a blogger join the long list of blogs participating in a Bloggers Day of Silence and/or contribute to For Japan with Love. Every action large and small helps tremendously.

Here's a bit more information about ShelterBox:

ShelterBox provide emergency shelter and lifesaving supplies for families around the world who are affected by disasters at the time when they need it the most. Each large, green ShelterBox is tailored to a disaster but typically contains a disaster relief tent for an extended family, blankets, water storage and purification equipment, cooking utensils, a stove, a basic tool kit, a children’s activity pack and other vital items-- via Utterly Engageged.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you on Monday.




3 comments:

spa delhi March 18, 2011 at 2:02 AM  

that was very sad accident, GOD please help them.

Mlle Paradis March 18, 2011 at 8:46 AM  

I think everyone's heart is in the right place with this. I'd like to ask bloggers who are not posting however, to use their time contacting Representatives and the Japanese government in order to urge the Japanese government to permit food and supplies airdrops to Northeast Japan where people are now starving, a week after the earthquake. See a video interview with a Japan scholar on my site: http://mlleparadis.blogspot.com that explains why.

People St.Clair March 18, 2011 at 10:08 AM  

Hi Spa Delhi, agreed. We can all just continue to keep everyone in Japan in our thoughts and prayers

Hi Mlle Paradis,
Thanks for your comment and for providing this information so that we all can do what we can to talk to those people who can ensure aide reaches those who need it.

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP